-->

Hear You Loud and Clear

After writing my last post, I had a little pity party the rest of the night. It continued even after G got home from work. Poor thing! I know I made him feel terrible. And again, I do NOT want him to change his career path. I was just feeling overwhelmed and lonely on Friday.

Well wouldn’t you know it, our preacher’s sermon was titled, “Never Alone”. He had us read aloud Psalms 93 and then say, “God is with ME. I am never alone”. Then to stress the point of how we are never alone, he then provided us with examples to remind us that whatever situation we are in that we are not in it alone. His first point was, “God is with me. I am never alone even when I am bored to death with my mundane life.” DING, DING, DING. I am hearing you, God. That was where all my frustration was coming from Friday night. I had worked hard all week and I wanted to enjoy life but instead I was home alone and bored.

I know our preacher’s message was so simple but it was so true. And just those few sentences were all that I needed to hear to change my attitude. He continued his sermon with different circumstances I know others could relate to but this was the one that struck my cord. I am never alone and even though my problem does seem insignificant, it isn’t insignificant to God because I am His child. He cares about every single problem I have and He is with me every step of the way. WOW!!! No other love compares. I think I was nodding my head so hard as our preacher was saying this that he knew it was just what I needed to hear. We even made direct eye contact in that moment. I am so thankful for God to have used him to speak directly to me on Sunday. No, my problem isn’t as great as natural disasters or people who are sick but God still cares and I am never alone. I am also thankful that the Spirit was there not only during that moment but throughout the service.


Thank you, God. I hear you loud and clear and I am so thankful for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment