-->

OOOOOPRAH!


Wednesday was a sad day for me and many around the world. It was the last day of the Oprah Winfrey Show. Go ahead laugh all you want to but I love Oprah. I love pretty much everything about her. My life and the Oprah show have always coexisted. The show has been on for 25 years. The same amount of years I’ve been alive. For my entire life if I was at home at 4 pm. Oprah was on.

Before you judge me for liking her so much, let me tell you why I love her.

1. She came from nothing! She grew up in rural Mississippi and no one but herself had hopes or dreams for her life. She is where she is today because of her own hard work. It wasn't something that was handed down to her.
2. She takes no credit for where she has come but rather gives God all the credit. I once heard her say, “Nothing about my life is lucky. Nothing. A lot of grace and a lot of divine order. I am the co-creator of my life with the ultimate creator”.
3. She has the ability to make even the biggest celebrity seem human. She is my favorite interviewer of all time. She can take the biggest star feel like your new best friend.
4. She has brought awareness to so many issues that were never talked about before.
5. She saw her role of television host more than that but brought it to an entire new level and encourages everyone else to do the same in their own lives.

So goodbye, Oprah. I will miss you.

No comments:

Post a Comment