-->

Crockpot Comfort


Easy Hamburger Vegetable Soup

My next door neighbor growing up always made her hamburger vegetable soup for me every winter. It was one of my favorites. When I moved off to college I e-mailed her for the recipe. It is such an easy and hearty meal in the winter. But like all my recipes I have tweaked it and made it my own… although I am not sure if it is as good as Michele’s. This recipe just uses items I have on hand and I also make it in the Crockpot.

Ingredients

1 lb lean ground beef
3 beef bouillon cubes
2 packs (30 oz) of mixed frozen vegetables (I prefer Publix’s brand)
1 can of Italian Style Tomatoes (do not drain)
2 ½ cups of macaroni noodles
3 cups of water

Brown ground beef and drain. Boil macaroni noodles as directed on package. Heat frozen vegetables in microwave for 8 minutes. Combine all ingredients in Crockpot on high for 4 hours. It is oh so good!

Special tip: brown your ground beef and boil your macaroni noodles the night before and stick in the fridge, then mix together on your lunch break the day of

No comments:

Post a Comment