-->

13 Days?


I still can't believe it.... I think we sold our house... in 13 days!

Everyone kept saying it would happen but I didn’t believe it. Real estate in Rutherford County is back booming. I’ve had friends recently sell their house in as little as a week. I never thought anything would happen like this for us. After all this talk about how real estate is booming, G and I were a little discouraged when on day 11 (this past Saturday) we had not had any showings.

Anytime there is change in my life, my prayer is always for God to only open doors that are meant to be opened and close doors that are supposed to be closed. I need clear yeses and clear no’s from the Big Man upstairs. I can honestly say when we put the house on the market we gave it completely to God. We knew it was a situation where we did not have to move. For one of the rare times in my life I surrendered my need to control.  We wanted His will, even if that meant staying here. So on our way to G’s parents’ house for the weekend we talked about how this may be God’s way of telling us to stay put. Well, as soon as we moved onto the next topic both of our phones buzzed. It was a text from our realtor saying someone wanted to show our house at 3 pm on Sunday. You can imagine my complete surprise when Chris called me Monday afternoon to say he would be e-mailing us over an offer within the next hour. I didn’t know what to expect. I was on pins and needles waiting for the e-mail. The couple sent in an offer which was close to our asking price but we decided to counteroffer our asking price. Our thinking process was that this was our first showing and we do not have to move so we really didn’t have anything to lose. I was almost hoping they would say no. Our phone rang back in less than twenty minutes and they had accepted it. From everything we can tell it looks like everything will go through and we will close April 25. Yes, you read that correctly. Strangely enough, we have another showing tomorrow from someone who knows we currently have accepted an offer. This is crazy. It is looking like God is sending us a pretty clear yes.

So where are we moving to? That is the million dollar question. We have just really started looking. We are hoping to find something before we close. If not, who knows! Looks like it will be back to an apartment for a few months.  I pray we make the right decision when selecting our next home. Again, never in a million years did I think we would sell it this quickly. Isn’t it amazing what God will do when you put your full trust in Him.  I pray I am able to do this when finding our next home. I can already tell it won’t be as easy so prayers are appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment