-->

Conversing with God

Lord, I didn't ask Psalm 26:2 for my life. I am being tested and tried and I did not ask for it. You see there must be a mistake. I signed up for the easy track. You know the one where only these type things happen to other people. My form must have gotten mixed up with someone else's. It's ok though. You can fix it real quick and everything will be ok. Alright? 

What do you mean you never promised me an easy track? It's been pretty easy so far. Sure there have been bumps along the road but I've been able to take care of those bumps. What's that? Yes, I realize I said I've been able to handle them. That's what I do. I'm a problem solver. I have a career in the hospitality industry. I was born to solve problems. But now I can't fix this one. I can't get through to the one who needs to be fixed.  Wait, wait, wait a minute! You want me to step back and surrender my control to you, Lord? Do you really know what you're asking of me? Of course your ways are greater than mine but you can use me to solve the problem. I don't mind at all.  In fact, I want to help. 

I don't understand you when you say you don't need my help. Of course you do because this impacts my life and so many others. I need to have some of the reigns.  

Alright, I will try to listen. I will lay it all at your feet. Please forgive me when I try to pick it back up. I want to honor you. After all, you do know what's best.

 Lord, I want to let you know that most of the times things don't go right if I'm not in control. I've seen things come crashing down too many times without me. That's right you are the Alpha and Omega. So I'm laying it at your feet once again. Asking you Father to bless this situation. Sharpen us Lord. Let us grow in you.  Let us glorify you. Change heavy and stubborn hearts because if anyone can do that it is you.  Help me not to correlate my hope and joyfulness with the outcome of this situation or how it plays out in the process. My hope is in you. My strength is in you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment