-->

A Glamorous Gala: Special Needs Prom


Yesterday, I had the privilege of hosting the Rutherford County Special Needs Prom at the hotel. Six high schools attended the event with more than 150 students and countless family members and teachers. I don’t think I have ever seen any prom goers be so happy. It was a very challenging day but more rewarding than I ever could imagine. At the end of the prom after running around all day and not really getting to see the students enjoy themselves, I made myself stand back and reflect on it all. I stood there with tears in my eyes as they sang and danced to “I Had the Time of My Life”. Their excitement and gratitude made all the stress of the day more than worth it. I am so thankful to have been a part of this event. Also, I am once again thankful to be a part of this community, where more than 25 vendors volunteered their services and time for absolutely no cost to the students or to the organizers of the prom. Everything thing from their formal ware to limos were donated.

For press coverage of the prom, check out:
http://www.fox17.com/newsroom/top_stories/videos/wztv_vid_6627.shtml

http://www.dnj.com/comments/article/20110312/NEWS01/103120332/Special-students-shine-at-prom?GID=uiPdiARh+w52F%2FmgBHPf3rSN+2+51O0l0htHmLiBY%2FM%3D

No comments:

Post a Comment