-->

Merry Christmas

My family has made a true effort to focus on what Christmas is all about and not to get so worked up about all the other stuff. One side of our family is not exchanging gifts because we felt we are blessed in abundance and do not need any more "stuff." Many people call me a Scrooge because this was all my idea. But honestly, I cannot tell you how much more enjoyable this season has been. I've been able to enjoy time with my friends and family instead of standing in long lines and fretting about finding the perfect gifts. Seriously, I shared a meal with friends every day last week. I'm not saying this to toot my own horn because it has been a conscious effort not to loose focus. And I still could have done a better job. I do hope that Greyson and I are laying the foundation for our future children.
The other morning while I was getting ready, I heard "How Many Kings" for the first time. I was putting on my mascara and my eyes started tearing up. I was overwhelmed with God's love for me. I was reminded once again what the season is about and what we should be celebrating.
I hope everyone has a very Merry Christmas.

How many kings, stepped down from their thrones?
How many lords have abandoned their homes?
How many greats have become the least for me?
How many Gods have poured out their hearts
To romance a world that has torn all apart?
How many fathers gave up their sons for me?
Only one did that for me

2 comments:

  1. Amy, Chase and I have the same agreement. When we married we decided not to give each other Christmas gifts and that when we had children that one or two gifts is all we would buy. The simplicity of Christmas each year makes me value the truth of Christmas more too. I am glad this year was a good one for you, each year I get the same remarks of our "un-gifting" but dont worry I dont think you are a scrooge!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Becca, thanks so much for sharing. You are the first person to tell me that you understand our agreement (let alone "un-gift" as well). I hope to see you in 2013! Love ya!

      Delete