-->

Day 14: 30 Days of Thanks

Corrie Ten Boom's "The Hiding Place" was one of my required readings in middle school. I will never forget when I read about Corrie and her sister praising God for fleas in the concentration camps because they remembered the verses in 1 Thessalonians 5:16- 18 which says, “Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.” I often think about them praising God for fleas. I can't imagine what a terrifying time that was and how much harder is was to thank God for fleas. The book later reveals that the fleas were actually a blessing. The guards of the camp raped many of the women but they did not ever touch the sisters because of their fleas.
I thought about this tonight as I was reading down my prayer list. As I have mentioned, I know so many people right now going through a lot. I honestly can't remember when my list was ever this long. But tonight I want to do just as Corrie and her sister did. I want to praise God for these circumstances. Personally for me, things are stressful at work with changes but instead of worrying, I am going to praise God. If God can use fleas then He can use these circumstances as well. And though I'm not the one dealing with death of loved ones, cancer and sick children, I am going to thank God on the behalf of those I do know who are. I want God to use each of these circumstances for His glory to shine through. I am thankful for each and every trial and tribulation. I never thought I would say that but I doubt Corrie ever thought she would thank God for fleas.

No comments:

Post a Comment