-->

Beef Enchilada Casserole


This is another one I tweaked and made my own. I experimented a lot with this one. I can see this recipe evolving. I can see a chicken and several other varieties in the near future. Although, this was a huge hit with G. He asked if we could eat the leftovers for supper the next night. Wow, stop the presses. That has NEVER happened.


Ingredients
1 lb lean hamburger beef (I always use 8% or 4% fat)
1 package of Taco Seasoning
1 jar of Salsa (16 oz.)
12 small flour tortillas
1 cup of water
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese

Directions
Brown hamburger meat with taco seasoning and drain. Cut tortillas into one inch squares (doesn’t have to be precise). In a large mixing bowl mix together the beef, salsa, tortillas and water. Spread evenly in a 9X13 pan. Then top casserole with shredded cheese. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until cheese bubbles.

Tips
When mixing together ingredients only put a few tortillas in at a time so they do not stick together.

Garnish with sour cream and jalapenos if desired. Serve with Spanish rice and black beans.

No comments:

Post a Comment