-->

For My Friend, Seth


I shared a little bit about my friend Seth going into the mission field before on my blog. You can read about it here (http://amyandgreyson.blogspot.com/2010/11/day-of-celebrating.html).

I want to spread what he has been called to do with you and how you can help if you are led to do so. Here is a letter that Seth has shared with many and I like I am sharing with you, I hope you will share it as well. I will be writing more about Seth and his testimony later.


Dear Friend,

As the New Year is upon us, people will be making the ever-famous resolutions; changes they plan to make to better their quality of life as well as who they are individually. For me, this upcoming year promises to be exciting and adventurous. At the beginning of last year I was at a place where I felt lost and uncertain about my future. Not really having a plan or knowing where I was headed, I spent the majority of the year praying fervently for the Lord to reveal my purpose in life. He revealed to me that I belonged on the mission field... That's right; I'm going to Australia!
My prayers led me to Youth With A Mission's base in Perth. YWAM is a global missions organization that equips young people with the skills needed to preach the gospel to different cultures and countries around the world. After completing YWAM's Discipleship Training School, I will be eligible to teach with YWAM on a regular basis, helping to build up other missionaries to go out and spread the knowledge of our Lord and Savior. I have included more information about Youth With A Mission in this packet in case you would like to know more about the organization..
My personal prayer and goals are to stay with this group for as long as they will have me. The Lord has shown me many opportunities, like becoming a teacher through this organization and attending the leadership school they offer, following my DTS. There is also a local ministry in Perth called Art Refuge that will have the majority of my attention. This ministry teaches and introduces fine art to the poor and impoverished, as well as to women in crisis centers, and to people in detention centers. As most of you know, the Lord has given me a passion for the arts, so this was no coincidence. I am very excited to see what the Lord has in store for me while I am there!
This is more than an amazing opportunity for me, this is my calling. I know you are all praying for me, and I am so grateful! However, as with most things in life, this will not be free... or cheap. I am doing all I can by working, saving, and cutting corners, but it does not cover the full costs needed. My support goal for this program is roughly $15,000. This would include lodging, food, and supplies for the full six month DTS and would most likely carry me into the leadership school that follows. You can help by giving a one time donation, or you can sign up to sponsor me monthly. Monthly sponsors will receive a regular newsletter, keeping you updated on my journey. In this letter I have included a stamped envelope with an insert to sign, telling me how you would prefer to give.
I thank you so much for taking the time to read this and even more for responding. I pray your new year is blessed and full of the Lord’s favor and joy!

P.S. You may also write your checks out to Springhouse Worship and Arts Center(my home church) if you would like this to be tax deductible; just put my name with YWAM somewhere on the check or with it!

With Love,
Seth
“The Spirit of the Sovereign LORD is on me, because the LORD has anointed me to proclaim good news to the poor. He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim freedom for the captives and release from darkness for the prisoners, to proclaim the year of the LORD’s favor and the day of vengeance of our God, to comfort all who mourn, and provide for those who grieve in Zion— to bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of joy instead of mourning, and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair. They will be called oaks of righteousness, a planting of the LORD for the display of his splendor.” Isaiah 61:1-3

No comments:

Post a Comment