-->

"A Woman and Her God"


As February begins, I am trying to hold on to the “New Year” momentum and continue to make 2011 a great year. I didn’t make any resolutions although; I do hope to be swimsuit ready by the summer. I didn’t even write down my goals. But I know the areas in my life where I want to continue to grow and improve. First would be my relationship with my Savior.

I am very thankful that reading God’s word daily was something that was instilled in over ten years ago. But I am come to realize my relationship with Christ has become one out of disciple and routine and not a desire to know Him better. It has been a one way relationship. Here’s a look into my daily walk: at bedtime I would read a chapter or two in the Bible, maybe read over a devotion, say some prayers asking God to meet my needs and the others around me, ask Him to bless me, maybe a thank you for His blessings, ask forgiveness of my sins, and then falling asleep before I ever said amen.

Yes, I have grown in my walk in the last year but really when I reflect and I am real with myself I have to ask, “what kind of growth really is that”. I want to continue to know God in ways I have never known before. That is the greatest think about growth in Christ. It never ends. There is never a point where you know everything there is to know. My recent quest for growth led me to the bookstore to walk up and down the rows looking for a new book for my devotions each night. I left there with a book by Beth Moore and several other authors she collaborated with called, “A Woman and Her God”.

I have only read the first Chapter (I purchased it Sunday) but I have reread each paragraph at least twice. I found so many great truths I wanted to engrain them in my brain. I also wanted to share them with you. I am not sure how the rest of the book will be (on to chapter two tonight). I just hope I can carry these truths and put them into motion in my life.

1. Don’t always think of God in a corporate manner- a sanctuary filled with believers. Spend some time focusing on how God loves you, the individual. This is so important because our relationship with Him is our own. No one else can bring you closer to Christ than yourself. Somehow I had forgotten the simple truth that Jesus loves ME.
And the very hairs on your head are all numbered. So don't be afraid; you are more valuable to God than a whole flock of sparrows. - Luke 12:7
For You created my inmost being; You knit me together in my mother's womb. - Psalms 139:13

2. Let your time with God come from a desire to know Him better not just out of routine or disciple.

3. NOTHING in your life will give you satisfaction outside of God. NOTHING!!!

4. Turn to God to give you the affirmation you need and to meet your needs. Remember nothing else can satisfy you.

5. If we are full of ourselves (anxiety and concerns) we do not have room for God. So it is important that we give our needs to God and allow Him to meet them and for us not to take them for our own. But remember not to become so focused on your needs and the needs of others around you that you lose sight of the One who meets those needs.
“I want fullness in life. Not just what God can give.”- Beth Moore

6. Christ laid down His life for you so you could be free to know a love that is better than life.

No comments:

Post a Comment