-->

All Souped Up

Because of my deep hatred of winter, I have been cooking a lot of soups. These are 3 recipes I am proud to say are my own. They all started from other recipes but I tweaked each of them. I added things and took things and made them my very own. If you get a chance to make any of these recipes please let me know what you think.



Potato Soup

Ingredients
10-12 medium size potatoes
4 chicken bouillon cubes
4 cups water
2 cans of Campbell’s Cheese Soup
1 can of Fat Free Evaporated Milk
Salt and pepper to taste

Directions
Peel and dice potatoes. Bring water, potatoes and chicken bouillon cubes to a boil. Boil potatoes for 15 minutes or until tender. Stir frequently. After potatoes are tender, add cheese soup, evaporated milk, salt and pepper. Bring all ingredients to a boil before serving.

Garnish with bacon and shredded cheese.


Not Yo Momma’s Chicken Stew
My mom will probably cringe when she reads this recipe. I am always craving her chicken stew in the winter but she makes it the old fashion way where you boil a whole chicken. Who has time for that or wants to deal with that? YUCK! I kept telling her that there had to be an easier way. She kept telling me it wouldn’t taste as good so one Sunday this winter I set out to prove her wrong! I will say it is not as good as hers but it is close.

Ingredients
1 lb. chicken breasts or tenderloin
1 can diced tomatoes
1 can of Rotel
1 can green peas
1 can of whole kernel corn
1 large potato
4 chicken bouillon cubes
4 cups water
1 package of small baby carrots
Salt and pepper to taste

Directions
Boil chicken and drain. Shred chicken. Dice baby carrots. Peel and dice potato into bite size pieces. Drain all canned items. Bring all items to a boil in a large pot. Stir often. Keep on high heat for one hour or until the potatoes and carrots are tender.
 

1 comment:

  1. Sounds good! Be glad to try any of them. When are you bringing them to me for supper and a taste test?

    ReplyDelete