-->

Music

Yesterday I had some rare down time to work on my own wedding. I actually planned out the ceremony and selected several songs for the ceremony. My biggest stress about my wedding is the music. I am a big music lover and I want the music we play to represent us.
It is important to me that we honor God and our beliefs in our ceremony. I feel the songs I have selected will do this. I am honored that my childhood friend and “brother”, Timmy Ray is playing and singing for us during the ceremony. I know he will move all my “moms” to tears. (Side note: I was blessed to grow up in a church family. I say church family because that is what they were. My parents had a group of friends in our congregation who had children the same ages and over the years we became more than just friends we became family.) I can’t wait to be in the moment of my wedding ceremony and hearing Timmy sing these songs that sing right to my heart as I commit the rest of my life to Greyson.
So why am I stressed??? One word- RECEPTION! I am a fun loving girl and I want a fun loving reception. When else am I going to get to party with my closest friends? I’m a good ole southern girl getting married at a Historic Farm House so I also want some good ole country music! Again, I am sure you are asking, “why are you stressed”. So here it is. One, I am having trouble finding a band. And two, I am having a hard time visualizing how to mix my traditional ceremony with my fun loving ceremony without my guest feeling like they left a revival and stepped onto the set of hee-haw. But then when I think about it, that kind of describes me. I am a God loving woman and a fun loving country gal. (Another side note: “Gal” is the only name Grandpa Stokes ever called me.) So why can’t I mix both? I’m not talking about having homemade wine at my reception; I’m just talking about having a country band. Although, I can’t promise there won’t be a few members of the Stokes clan that sneak some in. HA HA! And before, I let the band crank up and that is if I find one, I will have the more traditional type reception before the band starts “blame it all on my roots”.
Now that I’ve talked myself down, if you have any more suggestions on how to mix both let me know.
And if you want to preview my ceremony selections, visit the links below.
Prelude
Solo- “Love Never Fails” by Brandon Heath
http://s0.ilike.com/play#Brandon+Heath:Love+Never+Fails:96099520:s28399812.8115294.13129018.0.1.2%2Cstd_31ec27a0977b06c3b24527794be6fa46

Seating of Grandparents and Mothers
“How Beautiful” (instrumental)
http://s0.ilike.com/play#Twila+Paris:How+Beautiful:1489145:m121689

Wedding Party Processional
“Joy” by George Winston
http://s0.ilike.com/play#George+Winston:Joy:80817:m15674409

Bridal Processional
Bridal Chorus

Ceremony- Solo while we are lighting the unity candle
“Your Love is Extravagant” by Casting Crowns
http://s0.ilike.com/play#Casting+Crowns:Your+Love+Is+Extravagant:241285:s433744.8122939.1476415.0.2.260%2Cstd_f0a6ddb9016e41d0a27c79d2eb813ac1

No comments:

Post a Comment